Baked Alaska is based on 3 components; . Italian meringue, chocolate sponge, ice-cream
Overall cooking time:
500g Self Raising Flour
4 tbsp of Cocoa Powder
300g Caster sugar
240ml Egg white
2 tsp Vanilla Essence
1. In a bowl mix the sugar, diced butter, cocoa powder, 1/3 of the flour and 2 eggs, then beat.
2. Now add the second third of flour and 3 eggs and beat.
3. Finally add the last of the flower and 3 more eggs and beat it once more.
4. Now poor the mix into a metal tray that is coated with baking powder and cover it with foil.
5. Put tray into preheated oven (180℃) for 30 minutes.
6. Remove foil and allow to cook bake for 5 more minutes.
7. Slice sponge into layers.
8. In a metal or plastic ring (8cm x 10cm), place the first layer of chocolate sponge, then add one spoon of each ice-cream (Chocolate, strawberry, vanilla) and cover with the second layer of sponge. Leave it in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
Italian Meringue (make once sponge / ice-cream mix has frozen)
1. In a pan mix sugar and water then let it to boil until it reaches a temperature of 120℃.
2. In a bowl drop the egg-white and beat it until it reaches an intense foam.
3. Once the water and sugar mix has reached the 120℃, add it extremely extremely slowly to the bowl of egg whites.
4. Beat the mixture until it forms a consistent, velveting Italian meringue.
1. Remove the metal / plastic ring from sponge / ice-cream mix and then, using a metal lift / spatula, quickly cover it in the Italian meringue until it resembles a mountain shape.
2. Leave in freezer until it is ready to be served.
3. When you need to serve it, put it in a metal tray, blow torch it on top and sides, then bake in the oven for 6 minutes (180℃).